6.21.2006

lots of shit

so "tomorrow" is a lot longer than i realized. I'm going to summarize what's been going on in my life, i'll probably forget some things, most things, but bear with me and be prepared for a long one..

1. Boyd's bears: it's official. i'm working on two projects currently with them. my PO is in the mail and i've been swamped. it's pretty consuming work, but so much fun! and the idea of having work on store shelves is very exciting!!

2. new intern: there's a new intern at precision. victor. seems like a cool guy. should make work a bit nicer, especially since now i'm not the only one in the office under 30

3. road trip to Tennessee: drove down to Knoxville last thursday to hang with Jenna.. got a grand tour of Yee Haw courtesy of Jenna's friend Leif.. very cool guy, even cooler letterpress. Enjoyed some live music downtown and an amazing baked Tofu sandwich from Tomatohead.. Saturday was sushi and Al Gore's movie. Friday I was off to...

4. BONNAROO!!!! pictures will be up once developed or once i receive a disc from jenna (leave it to me to forget my digital camera) it was AWESOME!!!!! Here are the bands I saw/heard: World Party, Ben Folds, Bright Eyes, Death Cab for Cutie, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, various comedians including Demetri Martin, My Morning Jacket, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, the Magic Numbers, Blues Traveller, Gomez, Dungen, Rusted Root, Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah, Elvis Costello and the Imposters, Beck, RADIOHEAD!!!, Phil Lesh and Friends, Dresden Dolls, and I'm sure there are others, I just can't remember them all.. there was a fire show and Mr. T as buddha. needless to say it was, as they say down south, a big time! It was ridiculously hot, I have a sunburn and blisters on my feet, but it was worth every ounce of sweat and and every cent i shelled out, and i got to see Nick which was nice (even though it took two days for us to find each other) and i met random people from all over the country! I'm most definitely going again next year!! One of the most amazing experiences ever! There were 80,000 people on one farm with insane amounts of bands and yet it was so chill. I did not witness a single ounce of violence the whole weekend. it was wonderful!

5. evenutally i will be planning a massive campout. EVERYONE will be invited. i'm thinking august sometime. it should be a big time.

6. that's it for now. i took a 'nap' this afternoon which turned out to be 4 hours of sleep so now it's 12:30 and i'm wide awake. niiiiiiice.

7. i need to do some hiking. seriously. i haven't been in the woods in forever. and i need to start running again. i feel like the biggest slug on earth. i'd love to get a good hike in this weekend, but i think it's supposed to rain. if that's the case, i think my room's in line for a serious deep cleaning. and i need to get some lynda tutorial time in. we're making the switch to indesign and i'm totally clueless.

that's all i've got for now
peace out

1 comment:

Jenna Woginrich said...

hey taylor, im putting the cd in teh mailbox tomorrow morning, should be to you soon. Come back down here soon, the mountains miss ya.