7.10.2007

A Few Random Points

1. If you have a stomach ache (or any kind of heartburn, indigestion, etc.) mix 1/2 tsp. baking soda in about 6 oz. of water and drink it. It tastes a bit like Alka Seltzer, not too yummy, but boy does it work! Great stuff and totally natural!

2. I am going to make an apple pie this weekend. If it turns out well (I haven't baked an apple pie since I was about 13 or 14, but as I recall, it was mighty tasty) I may start making pies for church or whoever just wants pie. I also plan on starting and finishing my "All in the Family" Dio-Rama. (Jenna, I may be late on the deadline. sorry.)

3. I just filled out the forms to transfer all of my credit card balances on to one. This will pretty much max out that card by all but $100. BUT I'll be able to focus on one payment instead of 3 and one set of montly interest fees as opposed to 3. I'm hoping to get the balance down by half within the next year or so.

4. I hate running in humidity. I've discovered it's not the heat, in fact, the mornings are fairly mild. It's the humidity that kicks my ass. I think I'll stick mostly to hiking and walking for the rest of the summer.

5. I REALLY like sleeping 8 hours a night. Once the remnants of too-much-sleep-guilt (leftover from college days) wears off, I have to say, it's pretty great!

6. My favorite places in Nashville are as follows (not in order, cause they're all are too different to rate):

  • The Nashville Public Library

  • Radnor Lake

  • The Belcourt

  • The Basement

7. I haven't physically spoken the ever popular Southern contraction: "Yall" Although it has cropped up numerous times in personal internal dialogue. I have a sinking feeling it's only a matter of time before "You guys" turns into "You all" which I feel may then morph into "Y'all." Scary, I know.

That's about it. Hope everyone is enjoying their summers!! Peace out.

7 comments:

Hilary said...

When I moved here, "yall" crept into my vocabulary and then I purposely retrained myself to say "you guys" because I couldn't stand to hear myself say "yall". I just can't do it...

Jenna Woginrich said...

i say y'all as much as you guys. I like i.

Anonymous said...

I grew up with y'all, and then I move to Knoxville and everyone starts springing you-uns on me. Strange what 200 miles and mountains can do.

Anonymous said...

You-uns.. that's a new one. I've never heard that before. I'll have to keep my ears on alert for that next time I'm in Knoxville.
In PA people like to add 'S's to things.. like You's (as in Yous guys want to go swimming?) or All's (as in Alls I have to do is this one thing.).. I love regional language quirks!

HEATHER said...

Hey Taylor!! In August, you'll have a place to stay in Knoxville! Yep, I'm moving down!!! I'm going to be working for Case Knives doing print in house and it'll be good time.

HEATHER said...

ps: I expect to start saying ya'll, its inevitable.

Jenna Woginrich said...

thank you so much for the birthday package. I was really touched.