11.05.2007

Weekends

I love weekends. This weekend was the first in over 5 weeks where I've actually been in Nashville. Pretty low key and mostly relaxing. Friday night I went to the Frist with Jessica to hear two artists' presentations. One works in metals and one in felt. It was pretty interesting.
Saturday was a good, long and productive day. I got up early to do a crazy ton of laundry, then went off to the library to get a book on hold and some cookbooks. After that I spent the rest of the day cleaning. I put away all my summer clothes, organized drawers, put away laundry, vaccumed and washed the floors, dusted, wiped down all surfaces, cleaned the bathroom and even bleached the tub. I don't think my apartment's been this clean since I cleaned it upon moving in. Saturday night Hilary and I went to see Dan in Real Life (highly reccommend it) and then the kitten peed on my comforter and I spent the rest of the night at the laundromat.
Sunday was church. Irene, my 85 year old buddy, roped me into being a greeter which was nice. There was a mini luncheon afterward which was fun, got to mingle with some church folk. I then went out and bought a new comforter, got the makings of a beef stew together in the crockpot, took a long nap and watched TV and then went to check out the new Whole Foods. Awesome. Really nice place. and then wandered around Anthropologie and the Merrel store. Drooled the whole time. Came home, read for a bit, went to the gym, cleaned up and went to bed.

A very full and relaxing weekend indeed.

No comments: