1.19.2008

365 Days of Nashville (and then some)

As of last Sunday it has been a year since my move to Nashville. I have to say this was the best decision I've ever made. I am growing into a much better, healthier and happier human being than ever before. In celebration (and boredom at the moment) I am posting in celebration of the past year and in anticipation of the year to come.
A rundown of this last year's goodness as follows:

I've lost some weight, dropped a couple pant sizes, and am at a number I haven't seen since about 8th grade. You won't find a single non-whole wheat carbohydrate in my apartment and my fridge is stocked with produce about 85% of the time. I've made some amazing friends and am having the time of my life. The people I've met here are wonderful! Hilary, Jenn, Jessica, Mark, Daff, Mike, Will, Nate are wonderful additions to my friend-base. Quality friends if ever I've known some.

I've seen more live music in this last year than my whole life combined, Nashville's great for free and very cheap but really good shows. I work for emma and LOVE LOVE LOVE my job! I get to interact with clients all over the world, have creative freedom, the ability to work at my own pace, work with AWESOME people and drink beer and play Guitar Hero (and Rock Band) on Fridays. I volunteer my time and am on the board of and am a very active member of AIGA. I read more, travel more and just do more in general and my social skills have greatly improved.

Since my move, I've discovered a few new "likes" that I would not have originally expected.
For Instance:

• Hockey
• Grits (particularly Low-Country Shrimp and Grits)
• BlueGrass music
• Girly Movies / Chick-Flicks.. not the sad drama ones, but the fun up-beat types
• Mexican Restaurants
• SONIC! (How I've lived 24 years of my life without Lemon-Berry Slushies and drive-thru tator-tots is a mystery)
• life without cable
• Yankee Candles
• Spicy Food
• Makeup
• Henna Tattoos

So overall, I'm really excited and happy with the past year and am really excited for this upcoming year.
I don't have as many goals leading up to 26 as I did leading up to 25, but the goals I have are bigger than usual.

The big two are:
• Save money
• Lose the rest of the weight

and my two small goals, which I'm considering New Year's resolutions and not birthday goals are:
• Run a 5k (I'm at 2.5 miles, so I'm getting there)
• Find myself a boyfriend

That's right folks. I'm finally at a point where I think I'd like a relationship. Never thought I'd really come to this decision. I've always cherished my independence and solitude, but the more I think about it, the more I think it would be really nice. So. If any of y'all know any nice single guys (particularly well-read with a good sense of humor and mildly-attractive) let me know!

I hope 2008 is starting out well for everyone!
Bonne Année, Bon Santé!

No comments: