3.18.2008

Fishing? For Flies? What?


I have recently joined my church's fishing group: The Wounded Duck Fishing Club. It should be a fun time! April 5th I'll be joining them in learning to fly fish! Very excited about that. Then afterwards there will be a cookout (or we're "going to grill-out" as they say around these parts). I'm in charge of burgers and buns. Let's hope I don't get tangled up in the fishing line!

I have to say, every time I think of fly fishing I think of the movie poster for "A River Runs Through It" that was on the wall of my 7th grade shop class by the scroll saw. Never actually watched the movie though. Watching movies with Brad Pitt in them seemed so much cooler in middle school. I think he's lost his luster.

1 comment:

Jenna Woginrich said...

right on! I am learning too this summer, taking the classes work offers. Tell them you got a connection at orvis... nudge nudge