3.10.2008

Touched..

My dad just called me at work. He just had his high school class ring cut off. He's had that ring on his finger since 1970. It's seen the births of all my sisters and I, his marriage, his heart attack, many funerals, adventures in Mexico.. every good time, every bad time. He called me to tell me he's having it polished up and is sending to me. As the oldest daughter he wants me to have it. He's never once taken that ring off. Not ever. As a little girl, Morgan and I would pester him and he'd always say if he took it off his finger would fall off. And now, he's giving it to me (and his finger is still in tact).

It may sound silly, but I am so touched I can't even get over it. I've been tearing up since he called me. He says maybe it will bring me luck.

My dad is a sweetheart.

No comments: