9.01.2006

well, you know how it goes

things could definitely be better, but they could definitely be worse. things are looking up, sort of. despite my laptop crashing, things aren't SO bad.. i don't think PC non-designer people understand the scariness of a computer crash in a designer's life. my computer is everything. granted most stuff is backed up, there's still the issue of software, trying to recreate the files that weren't backed up.. it's like losing your wallet and passport but in a MUCH bigger MUCH more expensive way. it's not like i can just order the $400 dell special with microsoft office and call it a day.. in the end my pockets are going to be close to $3,000 emptier *sigh*

anyway. i'm definitely not where i'd like to be in my life, and work on getting to where i want to be has been put on hold.. probably for awhile. my bills are paid and i have a new computer and software on the way and my head's still above water financially. barely, but i'm surviving. typically buying a new computer is exciting and makes me happy, and while i am looking forward to playing with my new macbook and adobe toys, it's still stressful. hopefully the folks in king of prussia can recover my hard drive tomorrow. that'd make my day! the kids at boyd's are pretty much the nicest people ever. they're overnighting my files back to me. they were SO nice about it! and my friends are absolute peaches! jenna, kim, karen, and especially erik! love you guys! i know i've been kinda crabby (crabby being an understatement) over the last few months.. thanks for putting up with me! :-P

sometimes i wish i had just gone into nursing or some other science related field. i know i wouldn't be happy though, but still. money would be nice. i just need to figure things out. argh. argh. and double argh.

the life of a designer.. while not quite as difficult as the traditional fine artist, it's still no cake walk!

***in other news*** we might be getting a marketing intern, a senior from Bloom.. this could be fun. hopefully he'll be really cool (i use the term 'cool' loosely. i really mean stellar personality). and if he's attractive, that'd make for some bonus points. i wouldn't mind some eye candy around the office.. would definitely make going to work a bit more pleasurable!



also. i will be learning to country line dance tomorrow night. this could be scary for innocent bystanders. don't know if i'm comfortable with other people witnessing this experience. could be used in the future for blackmail purposes. in other words: it's gonna be FUUUUN!! (and there's going to be pedicures and antiquing and just being with people who make me smile! yay!)

2 comments:

Jenna Woginrich said...

let me know when your new mac is in, we can ichat it up

Jenna Woginrich said...

let me know when your new mac is in, we can ichat it up