10.20.2006

Happy Pre-Birthday Friday to Me!

Today has been a pretty good Friday. Work was eh, as has been the usual lately, and getting up at 5:30 also is not on my top ten favorite things to do list, but post-work was great! I got home and had a card waiting from my grandmother for $150 (she usually gives $100, so that was a nice surprise, but even better than the cash was the card itself. She picks the BEST cards ever! She always picks out long cards, that fold out into multiple sections, typically overly flowered, but the words are amazing. My favorite phrases in the card are as follows:
Live deep
Never stop learning, playing, or finding wonder in teh world around you. Live the length of your life, but live the depth of it as well.

Make mistakes
Follow detours. Sometimes it takes an unexpected turn to help us find the life that is waiting for us around the bend. Trust yourself and the path that is meant for you.


There was a lot more to the card, all of it very good, quite thoughtful. Those were my two favorite parts though. My mom gave me a Halloween themed bday card (always enjoyable) that had 'wicked' in every other sentence, (wicked is a thing in my house, with my family having new england roots and all) which was wicked cool.. haha. i'm so nerdy. And she gave me $200. also nice. But Anyway

One of my favorite parts of the day though, were two other gifts... get ready.. try and contain the excitement.. she bought me The Omen series DVD boxed set!!!! I know you're almost as excited as I am, but remember to breath. How cool is that!! You know what I'll have playing in the background while I'm at my computer for the next week or so!! ALSO... Rosemary's Baby was in the $5 bin at Walmart!! FIVE DOLLARS? It's such a classic! Of course we had to snatch that one up too. I LOVE old horror movies. They definitely don't make them like they used to! Now if they would just carry some Hitchcock in the $5 bin, that's be pretty awesome.. but I'm not expecting miracles.

But overall the BEST BEST surprise of the day was my mom cleaned my room. As lame as that sounds. It's been getting pretty messy over the last week, I've just been so busy I haven't gotten around to cleaning and clothes and books, soda cans, papers, sketches, etc. were piling up like crazy and when I went upstairs today, VOILA! my room was spotless! she even changed my garbage! It was great. I was most happy indeed!

And the weekend's only going to get better cause tomorrow I'm off to Atlantic City with my sexy musketeers! YAY! :-D

now i'm gonna pop in some jolie holland, light a couple candles, and work on some design stuff!

No comments: