10.20.2006

A Quote and A Note

“Because things are the way they are, they will not stay the way they are.”
–Bertold Brecht


I saw this quote on aiga today. This speaks a lot in regards of some things that I'm going through, some changes I'm working on.

KUTZTOWN: yesterday was SO amazing. It really was. Going back to Kutztown is like going home. I saw all my favorite professors, hugs and handshakes were exchanged. I miss that place, the people, the atmosphere. Shelby and I attended the Return of the CD Grads. Amazing. It was so refreshing and motivating to hear from professionals in the field, people who are designing and loving it and living it. I was able to meet Jason Santa Maria, an established and respected (not to mention talented) web designer. That was very cool. I was also able to meet Jeanne Maier the design director at Franklin Institute. Lovely conversation. I received so much great advice in only a few hours from so many people! I'm really excited about design again. It's been a change-around for some time. It's not that I was no longer excited, I don't know, since graduation, once I got a job, my enthusiasm just hasn't been what it used to be, but over the last month or so, it's been rebuilding, with teaching myself web design and launching a new site, finalizing edits with boyds, and yesterday in particular really set me on fire again. I've got more ideas churning than I know what to do with! Ah. It's good to feel this way again.

As of Sunday I'll be 24. 24's going to mark some big changes ahead.. I don't know as of yet what those changes are.. but they're going to happen!! And I'm quite excited!

(sidenote: my favorite thing said to me yesterday was a comment from Ms. Innocenti (one of my favorite profs).. she said I looked great - very well rested. I liked the well-rested part, made me laugh. Sleeping is definitely the biggest post graduation perk! haha.

*sigh* I miss Kutztown so much sometimes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Taylor! I had a blast speaking :D

Anonymous said...

i miss it too

Marcos Freitas said...

it's always pretty good to have ideas popping inside, even if we can't put it all (out) in artistic means but... to have it inside is a kind of gift we must enjoy very very well, it's a pleasure, ...(or at least, hehehhe) it must be!
...rough scratch it anywhere and try not to forget or loose them all somewhere inside your mindflowingstuff

;)