4.20.2007

Feels Like {better than} Home

Here is a snapshot of my favorite place here in Nashville. On nice days, when I'm not bogged down with other social obligations, I drive out to Radnor Lake for some quick hiking. It's a natural conservation area, there's no boating or fishing, no running on the trails. There's a concrete path that usually entertains a number of joggers and dog-walkers (which I personally enjoy). It's just such a peaceful place. The perfect little post-work getaway.

Also on a Nashville note.. here's a glance of the area and the building in which I work. Above you'll see Emma's home. We've got almost 30 folks squished in this building. It's 3 floors of some of THE coolest people you could ever meet. It really is a dream job. We're really growing, work is always flowing, lots of stuff to design never dull. Fridays you can hear Guitar Hero blasting throughout the house and a fridge in the basement bulging with premium beers (and usually Miller or Bud Light to entertain those with less fancy tastes). People are chill, Youtube videos are sent around, laughs are had.. it's a fantastic time. I really can't gush enough about Emma.

And Hillsboro Village, the area where the Emma headquarters is located, is fantastic! Quaint shops line the street, lots of cafés, the best sports bar in Nashville, restaurants with tables outside, an independant theatre and an AMAZING used book store! And the best part is I only live a mile away so I can walk to work and hang out in Hillsboro Village anytime I want. It's great!

And in other news, I've been making lots of friends down here. Jessica's my best bud and then there's the guys.. Mark, Mark, Mike, and Will (with some occasional other friends). They've been trying to get me into liking sports and country music.. mm. we'll see how that goes. Emma staff members are fun too! Sarah and Kim and Rachel and Gina are fun for girl's nights! And I thoroughly enjoy going out to see The Worstie's (Jairo, Jesse, and Anna - Jesse's wife's band). I have something to do every night.. from AIGA to volunteer work, live shows, music festivals, bar hopping, karaoke. Just so much to do!

TN beats PA anyday. Sorry to the kids back home, but truly, I love it down here. Ask me in July when it's humid, mosquito-infested, and so hot my skin's melting off.. I may have a different opinion. But for now, I've got a crush on Nashville. Now if I could just find a guy to crush on I'd be all set..

No comments: