4.17.2007

Keepin it Green..


Here's a pic from Step It Up Nashville last Saturday. It was a good time. Lots of hippies, petition signing, I bought a tree and donated to TreesforTN and won a Jazz CD and a $10 off a stay at a sustainable farm kind of place.. I forget what it's called. Sounds neat though.

Now I may not be a hippie, but I think I've got enough hippie in me to thoroughly enjoy a good environmental festival. It was so informative! I saw a car that some dude rigged up to run on vegetable oil! It was quite interesting! A band called the "Watermelons" played. They were a fun band. Reminds me of Karen's mom's friends and the Dad band that plays at Harry's. And there were some folks up dancing in the grass, I got an Obama '08 button.

It was a good time all around. I think the cause is fantastic. I am slowly converting to energy-efficient bulbs (except my bathroom.. for some reason the bulb in there ALWAYS blows out, every few weeks or so. so for cost-effective reasons, that room is exempt). I've also started recycling paper, bottles, and cans. And once I start to really get a handle on my fincances (ha!) I want to start buying purely organic. Unfortunately, with the sales tax on everything and the higher cost of organic foods, I can only afford some, but milk, eggs, and most of my veggies are organic. I'd just like to make a difference. I'm also volunteering this Saturday for and Earth Day festival which should also be a fun time!

Wooo environmental protection!

1 comment:

Jenna Woginrich said...

awesome taylor