6.17.2007

What weekends are made for..


Sigh. I love hiking. There is just nothing better... well, few things anyway. I got up early yesterday to drive out to Fall Creek Falls. Nothing beats a 95 degree Tennessee afternoon like a 3 hour hike in woods that are about 10 degrees cooler with a nice breeze. Simply lovely. I didn't go on the trails I originally wanted to go on. The one I had meant to take would have taken me across the top of the falls and to that lovely overlook pictured above. I didn't realize I was not where I wanted to be until about an hour and a half into the hike. Oh well. Next time. Next time I WILL be one of those idiots out on the ledge, or looking out over the falls. I always feel so great after a hike. I love how my body just feels so good. Feels worked and tired, but in a happy way. I worked up a good sweat, downed three Nalgene bottles of water, and had an overall spectacular time. I'll put up a few more pictures at the end of the post. I have more pictures, but these are some of my favorites.

The rest of the weekend has been pretty relaxing. Went to a "Passions" sex toy/bachelorette party. It was... interesting. But fun. Today I was inducted as a new member into the Lutheran Church downtown. An elderly woman gave me a HUGE hug. It was great. Feels like family and that's such a great feeling. It really is. Everyone is SUPER nice and next week is a "New Member" BBQ. I also plan on joining a Sunday School group and maybe get on a committee. I'm very excited about this church. Lots of good things going on.

The rest of today was spent doing domestic necessities. Washed two weeks of laundry, sheets, pillowcases, and my comforter. Clipped some coupons and hit up the Green Hills Kroger. I dusted, yesterday I vaccumed, today I washed the floors, made some tasty hamburgers and got some clutter under control. Found a roach in my office. A tiny one this time. He wasn't looking in too good of shape. He wasn't really moving and kept going on his back. He's not dead yet, but I think he's on his way. I know the exterminator sprayed last week, but I put out some bait just in case. Roaches just scare the crap out of me. I don't know what it is.. but they just give me the willies.

Anywho, on a more positive note.. here are more pics from yesterday's hike. Enjoy!




3 comments:

Jenna Woginrich said...

beautiful! (don't jump off those, trust me)

HEATHER said...

ditto.

Anonymous said...

Those falls are trouble. That's why they all seem so contemplative. They really don't want to jump