6.25.2007

M is for Murder

So let me just say I'm über excited. The Belcourt has been playing old Alfred Hitchcock movies. This has me simply tickled! I am able to see old 1950-some Hitchcock films.. in the theater!?? How awesome! At first I was bummed out because I thought it was only during June, but saw today it's going to continue through July! Last night I went to see Vertigo (which I must say, has one of the best kiss scenes ever. Not to mention a fantastically twisted plot!). This week is Psycho. I am also going to catch a French film Sunday night. "Le Vie en Rose," the story of Edith Piaf, a famous French singer who went from the streets of Paris to NYC. The synopsis actually sounds quite intriguing. Google it if you're curious.

Anywho. Back to Hitchcock. His films are by far some of my all-time favorites. Just so well done and the plot lines are excellent, not to mention the casts. Superb! July's lineup is as follows:
July 7-8: STAGE FRIGHT
July 14-15: SUSPICION
July 21-22: THE 39 STEPS
July 28-29: REAR WINDOW
I will be missing Stage Fright, but am REALLY looking forward to Rear Window. It's a personal favorite. Sadly, The Birds was not chosen, but I'm OK with that. There's more than enough vintage horror film fun to keep me busy! I'm thinking the Belcourt may be my new home for the next few weekends!

P.S. I am also excited for the Second Saturday Summer Sci-Fi Series at Sundown! Cheesy Sci-Fi films on original 16mm film? I am SO there!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm missed the samurai film festival at the Belcourt this year. It's usually at the end of May or the start of June. Hitchcock is great too. The Belcourt is an amazing theater.

Anonymous said...

I went to see Pan's Labyrinth at the Belcourt when I first moved down here then completely forgot about it.. I can't even imagine all the other good stuff I've missed! It really is a neat place!

Kevin said...

no north by northwest? but its my favorite. still, totally awesome. plus actual screenings vintage scifi films - amazing. the day the earth stood still is my favorite new year's eve movie, plan 9 from outerspace is always amazing, and the tempest in space has some of my favorite set designs of all time (and robby's first screen appearance). i'm totally jealous.

Hilary said...

We are doing movies at The Belcourt on a regular basis now. It's a must...and when that dies out, there's always more rentals!

Jenna Woginrich said...

i finally read this post. Tennesse is amazing forever and ever.

Kevin said...

have you read anything from the list yet?