3.05.2006

simple

Yesterday was a good day.

Not good in the usual weekend-i-went-to-visit-amazing-friends-or-did-exciting-things way, just good in a good way. When I got up (naturally at 7. for some reason my body has forgotten how to sleep in), no one was home so I stayed in bed for awhile and did some reading. I'm reading some Dave Eggers.. How we are Hungry.. as reccommended by Jenna. VERY good so far. After this I woke up and made a large and unhealthy breakfast of a two egg omelet (cooked in butter) with motzerella and some cinnamon toast. It was a very satisfying saturday morning breakfast. Then came shower/getting dressed/drying hair.. the usual.

Around 10 I decided I wanted to do an experiment. On friday I was thinking how cool it would be if I could figure out how to put my work on View-Master reels. I looked up places on line and the cost is pretty high so I looked up how to do it myself, which would require the purchase of expensive vintage equipment.. also quite costly. So I went to wal-mart and bought some Spongebob reels to experiment with. I tried to steam one to loosen the adhesive and take it apart. Didn't work to well. I found a place online that makes them and emailed for pricing. Otherwise, I might just mess around and make my own reel die. I also saw a 3D cameras online that sell for under $100 so I might invest in one. They can make two side by side images that when looked through a special viewer are 3D (and they use regular 3D film and don't require fancy developing) or you can have them made into slides and then chop them up for View-Master reels (or that's my plan anyway)

So that experiment failed. After that I went up the the Nelson Field House up at the University (Bloomsburg) to watch Nikki swim (it was the District meet) Nik didn't swim til 2 so I helped out with Concessions and schmoozed with all the parents I used to babysit for and parents whos kids I used to be friends with. Then when Nik swam it was AWESOME! There were 2 other girls in her heat and she came in 1st in her heat and dropped almost 3 whole seconds!! That's a LOT of time to drop in swimming! I was SO proud of her!! and you should have heard me yell! I cheered for her like crazy! it was fun.

After that I waited til she was ready and drove her home. After I got home I went to get my book and read and noticed how sunny the living room was. I went and sat in my favorite chair and the sun was just beaming in the window. I sat there with my eyes closed in the sun. It was so warm and I liked the brightness behind my eyelids. I probably sat there like that for almost an hour. It was just so nice and relaxing. I am very ready for warm weather this year. And sun! I just want to be outside in it!

That's the one thing with working a full day that I miss the most.. the sun. It's dark when i leave for work and pretty much dark when i get home. It will be so nice to see spring.

I then enjoyed a bagel and the Project Runway marathon for most of the night. I fell asleep watching TV with my cat curled up on the back of my knees. I liked that.

Granted as far as Saturdays go, it was wholly unproductive and not interesting or exciting. But it was still a good day. Now it's time to get a shower and get ready for some church-tastic fun-ness!

Happy Sunday!

No comments: