12.05.2006

Essence of Sherpa

I love tea. LOVE it. I love pretty much any warm beverage really, but tea.. that stuff's just great. I like it plain.. good and scalding with a heaping teaspoon of sugar or one Splenda packet.. no other artificial sweeteners will cut it.
At the store last week I thought I'd be a bit more bold in my tea selection (I generally stick to a member of the Grey famiy.. either the Earl or the Lady) and anyway, I sprung for the Tazo variety pack. Lemme just say, they've got some pretty adventurous teas! I found the Tazo Chai: Organic Spiced Black Tea to be most intriguing. The description was the killer:
A rich blend of teas and spices in the style of the hill dwellers of the Himalayas.
Himalayan hill-dwellers!? Who are the people that work for Tazo and how do I become one? I mean really, do they actually travel to the Himalayas and study these dwellers of the hill? That could be pretty sweet.. like two Splenda packet sweet. Seriously.

Speaking of seriously. I was at SuperWalMart tonight buying some pasta salad fixings for my mom when I came across 'Seriously Sharp Cheddar.' Seriously sharp.. HOW sharp would that be exactly? Could it cut a Triscuit in half? eh? Can it? Don't know if I'm ballsy enough to try that out. Maybe another day.

In other news: I bought a new deskchair for home. It's leather. And has wheels. And lumbar support. I'm particularly enjoying the lumbar support... and the wheels.. having wood floors in my bedroom make wheely-chairs double fun.

Are you kids ready for Christmas?

I know I'm not. This holiday season definitely snuck up on me. I've still got some shopping to do, but I'm just not feeling the good old Christmas Spirit. We're getting the tree this weekend and I officially decked out my desktop, so maybe that'll help. (I strongly suggest pixelgirl and iconfactory for all the necessities to properly pimp-out your desktop. Oh I'm such a computer dork it's almost pathetic.. but I love it. I do.

K kiddies, I've got some Dave Eggers to enjoy, and right now he's more important than you.. or at least his wonderful works of fiction are.

Take care!

2 comments:

Jenna Woginrich said...

the greatest thing about tazo, is that they made up everything. The rituals, people, quotes, boxes... all of it. tazo was written up in print for being the only company with the balls to be totally fake to an audience who thinks it is real. its the blair witch project of teas!

Anonymous said...

it would be way cooler if it were real though. way to dash my hopes and dreams.