3.27.2007

Dish

This weekend I will be attending a roundtable discussion with Graphic Design students from universities in the area for the Nashville AIGA Dish event. I'm pretty excited. It's taking place Saturday from 10am to 1pm. Basically I'm going to sit at a table and students are going to aks me stuff about the "Real World" of Graphic Design. Ha. It's funny. I'm going in as a "professional" yet I"m kind of nervous.. I'm curious as to what people will be thinking of my work (I am to bring my portfolio, submit 3 jpgs of my work, and business cards.)

I am excited though. The president of the Nashville AIGA chapter is a former KU CD kid and she asked if I'd come and speak to the students as a recent grad who's just moved and started a new job in a new state. I'm looking forward to this! The rest of the Dish event should be neat too. I think Kutztown should take a stab at something like this. There are studio tours, keynote speakers, design jeopardy and other fun.

Makes me feel all grown up.

2 comments:

HEATHER said...

hey taylor! i booked that cabin at wildrosetn.com. thats in townsend, which is near cades cove. its where brian lived, i'm not sure if you ever met brian. but to get there you go near UT and get onto 129 towards alcoa, then go through maryville and then you're in townsend. its about 35 minutes from knoxville. there are also a lot of other places, just google townsend cabins smokies or something like that. i would suggest including townsend because you don't want to stay in gatlinburg or anything and thats where a lot of cabins are. you can also stay in a place called wears valley, sort of in between townsend and gatlinburg.

HEATHER said...

when i say near UT i mean get on kingston pike