8.25.2008

Fall is on its way

This morning it was raining and dreary and there were dead leaves all over the patio. Granted, it won't get chilly around these parts til November (sad day), it still smelled like fall. And I want autumn. I want it so bad. I think I'll be able to handle the warmer atmosphere better this year than last, but my heart can't help but ache for a cold nose and the need for a scarf. Sigh.

For the first time ever, (and I feel blasphemous thinking this. Jenna, don't judge me) I want to skip right past fall and October and Halloween and move right on to Christmas. I love love LOVE Nashville, but I just can't shake this homesickness. This is the first time it's been this bad and the longest it's gone on for. Ugh. Morgan may visit for my bday, which I'm excited for, but knowing her, I won't get my hopes up until she's booked the ticket and is on her way. She's fickle like that. Sigh.

Anyway. Sept. 1st I sign up for a drawing class at Vandy! I'm excited for this. Meet some new folks, a new circle of people. Looking forward to it. Vary things up a little.

1 comment:

Oberon said...

.....try aikido....instead of kickboxing.....much better choice.