8.03.2008

Lazy Summer and Humid Thoughts


I'm convinced that July didn't happen. Here it is late-summer already and I feel like I've blinked and time jumped from May to August without a second thought. It's been a busy summer, but not as busy as it should have been. Travelled home, went to Bonnaroo, worked on some freelance, and have been neck-deep with work at work. And after being down for the count for a week and a half from a sinus infection, I'm slowly crawling out of the haze and sluggishness that it has brought on. As is normal for me this time of year, I've become increasingly lazy, eating poorly, whatever I can scrounge up in less than 10 minutes, not wanting to go outside or move really. I just feel, I don't know, burnt-out. Stagnant. I find this has been happening more and more often. I need to change this.

I read my cards tonight (yes. I read tarot cards. Judge if you wish), two readings. A quick reading to answer a question/situation that's heavy on my mind and while the cards were reversed and heavy, the outcome looks good. And then did an overall major reading, one main question, but the cards brought up various answers and insights to some little things that have accumulated and showed me what I need to work on. The final culmination didn't show much, but my "future influence" was the Magician, a good sign overall. Potentially good change, and change that I need to make. Lots to think about, lots to do. I'm going on an 8 mile hike this weekend which I completely forgot about. It will be good. I need to clear my mind.

Also, I want to apologize to everyone I haven't kept in touch with. Jenna, I am going to call you this week. I just got your voicemail the other day when I was cleaning out old messages and never realized you had called. I wrote down your home number and am planning on giving you a call this week sometime. I also have some stuff to send out to you.

Also Also or P.P.S. I am going to very soon, within the next month, make this blog private. I'm going to start a design blog on tumblr.com and start writing more about design and art in general. If you're interested in staying up to date on this blog, email me at tschena@taylorrific.com and I'll send you an invite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm supposed to be on that hike as well. Hope we don't have to sacrifice a virgin or anything at the falls. I've never been there so I am looking forward to it.

Jenna Woginrich said...

no sweat darling