5.03.2006

update

so not too much is going on right now. 15 minutes til i go home, no one else is here, so i thought i'd update.

hgtv (for those that still don't know yet) is a no go :-( but i may possibly get some freelance from them (i'm hoping anyway), but boyd's bears looks like it may happen. my drawings made it through a round of revisions, and now they're being sent to the product marketing department for review. i hope they make up they're mind soon cause they want first proofs of all the books by june 2nd, and they've yet to make a decision if i'm going to be illustrating them or not. also with boyds, my name was passed to a woman in another department and she wants me to do two illustrations of a nurse bear to use for signage. so i'm pretty excited about that too. and i'm throwing around the idea of doing some volunteer design work. i've been scouting out some volunteer organizations that need design help on volunteermatch.org. found some great stuff!!

this weekend i'm going to new jersey to visit kim and karen for kim's bday celebration. haven't decided yet if i'm going up friday or saturday. DEFINTITELY looking forward to it!! :-D

morgan graduates next weekend (not this weekend) which means she'll be moving back in for a little bit, but i still get to keep my room. she's camping with shelbs (and since she'll be making some sweet cash at geisinger she'll be in her own apartment soon enough) my mom and i are going to do over my room, repaint it, bring up my new furniture. i think i'll be sticking around pa for awhile. things aren't so bad here now, my opinion's respected a bit more and my pay is a little higher and i'm getting some great freelance opportunities. so overall it's not too bad. still kinda bummed about the knoxville situation, but i'm not really upset. just moving forward.

i was just looking up my horoscope (i'm a libra, in case anyone was curious, which i'm sure no one is). pretty interesting. looked up my sign compatibility and did a quiz on a different site.. supposedly my best match is a gemini. (15 minutes isn't really enough time to start any new actual work).. anyway, i think it's kinda funny. my dad's a gemini (i get along the best with him out of everyone in the house, we never fight) and two of my biggest crushes were geminis. so how weird is that? also, i get along least with cancer.. my mom's a cancer. explains a lot. she and i argue the most out of the whole family.

well, looks like it's 4:30! time to go home! yessssssssssss...

EDIT: The Boyd's Bear signage project (not the coloring books) went in-house. i'm really starting to hate that term.

No comments: