5.12.2006

what’s up what’s up

Completely bored at work. The boss is out and I'm caught up for the week, so I'm just chillin out, getting some small stuff done. Nothing too exciting to report. I don't think Boyd's is having me do their coloring books. They emailed me last Thursday saying they really liked my revised drawings and were sending them to the Marketing Department for review. Still haven't heard anything. I emailed on Tuesday to see what was going on and they never got back to me. Seeing as how they want the illustrations for June 2, I'm going to go ahead and assume they're not using me as their illustrator. Which pretty much sucks. But that tends to be the case lately. Oh well. That's life. I have my moment of mild depression, pick myself up, and work on the next thing. I'm thinking of doing a kick-ass promotion. I'm going to re-design my site and everything. All based around the coloring book idea. I think it could be fun, and in a way, turning my negative experience into a positive one. I want to take the whole summer and really work on it. I'm also thinking of placing an ad in the local paper, see who needs some freelance design work done. I doubt there's much competition in Bloomsburg. Or at least none that I can tell. I need to see if there's a local publication.

Morgan and I are going to get an apartment in June. We were both pretty leery about it, but I think it will be fun. Since she'll be making gobs of cash (she'll be a nurse working the Trauma/ICU at Geisinger, making more than double what I make) she offered to pay 2/3 the rent and I'll pay 1/3 and we'll split amenities. I'm really excited about it. I'll be an official townie! (gasp! who'd a thunk it!) I like the idea that i'll be able to walk all over town, and to the park, and wherever else. And it will be kinda nice having a sister for a roommate cus if one of us is doing something annoying, we can just tell each other, and if we fight, no big deal. It's not uncommon for us to fight and yell and scream and then 5 minutes later be like 'hey, let's go to the mall or something.' So that's a definite plus. And she'll have crazy hours and probably not be home much anyway. It will also be nice having the rest of my family only 10 minutes away. (free laundry!!)

I'm also back on the old 'weight loss' horse. I lost 50lb in college and have gained 15 back since moving home. Not a good thing. That's also got me down, so I'm working to fix that. I've started eating ridiculously healthy. No artificial stuff, no refined foods, (that includes diet foods too, like that 100 calorie pack shit) No white bread white pasta or white rice. Just healthy food. A TON of vegetables, lean meat, and whole grains. Sounds pretty boring, but so far I'm actually really enjoying it. I'v lost 6lb.(since Monday) and feel REALLY healthy! And so far I haven't been hungry. Which is always a good thing. I'm hoping this is something I'll stick to. So far I haven't run into any problems. My mom brought home food belonging to every member of the 'O' family: Oreos, Doritos, Cheetos, etc. and cheese danish, and morgan brought home donuts.. and I guess from not eating sugar or anything, I lost my cravings for it. I haven't wanted any of it. Nik sat next to me eating Oreos for breakfast and I was perfectly content with my scrambled eggs and toast. I'm thinking of trying out some new recipes this weekend. (I bought myself a little filet mignon, I'm excited about that) and I've started taking a multivitamin and calcium.
We'll see how this all works out.

SO that's all i've got. i've got 2.5 hours to kill and I think it's going to be an ugly battle. I think I may just be bored to death.

In the words of Kip: "Peace out" (Said in exactly the same voice)

No comments: