5.27.2007

ROCK out!!

Went to see the Deftones in concert last night. AWESOME. Freaking AWESOME. Now, most of you know me to be this mellow, laid back, indy/alternative/folk-loving, semi-hippie girl. But little do most people know, I have an insatiable hunger for really loud, angry music. Now, not the music where it's JUST screaming. I like my music to be music.. just with a heaping side of angry, not so much rage. And last night's fest was a smorgasbord of angry, loud, sweat-filled, mosh-tastic, ROCK. I. Loved. It.

I just have this thing for angry music. I think because I'm not naturally an angry person, and even when I am angry, I really am not one to lash out that often. With angry music, I can feel their anger when I'm angry and it just does the trick. And the energy. The energy is just amazing. There is so much.. I don't know.. passion, feeling, just pure energy that comes out of angry music. I just can't get enough of it. When you're at a rock concert (I tend to be one of the kids up in the front) everyone is jumping and screaming and pumping their fists and banging their heads, and sweating... Oh the sweating! It's disgusting.. the sweat just poured off my arms, my clothes were soaked, the music was pounding.. you could feel it in every part of your body, the reverberations. All of it. The whole experience. It really is a rush. And afterwards, the adrenaline is just overwhelming.. I cranked the music up in my car and rocked out some more.. back at the apartment I was still wide awake and ready to go.

I wish that concert could have gone all night. Really. It was just SO good. I think anger, as an emotion, is highly underrated. Really.. it's so powerful. If put to good it can do wonders. No major change in society has ever come from a contented people. Ever. Without anger there would be no women voters, no freedom for anyone, segregation would still exist.. if it were not for anger, this world would be a pretty lame place.

No comments: