5.13.2007

Sunday

Sundays. I love Sundays. I try to get to church for my weekly spiritual boost and then just chill. I've settled on a Lutheran church I like. It's downtown. I went once before but wasn't overly impressed with the congregation, but the service was AMAZING. Anyway, I tried another church for awhile that had a great congregation, but the service was just eh. Not that great. SO I went back to the one downtown today and again. The service. was. AMAZING. Today's service today was all about peace and finding peace with yourself and God and others. It was very uplifting and just really well done. And the congregation was way friendly today. I think next week I'm going to talk to them about transferring membership. I think i'd like to join this one. The service is short, only an hour, and it's just such a great charge for the week.

So. it's BEAUTIFUL outside and I want to go out to Radnor Lake, but my landlord is supposed to call and come buy to fix my AC. so i'm stuck inside by the phone. Needless to say, I plan on watching a movie, taking a little nap, and at some point working on some pro-bono design. Meh. I want to go outside!! I sat outside and read today. It was wonderful, and then my next-door-neighbors were outside and I just felt awkward. i'm not used to neighbors RIGHT next to me. Weirds me out a little. I'm whining. Sorry.

On a good note. I've started reading Dharma Bums by Kerouack (since you are always talking about it Jenna, thought I'd give it a go). Haven't gotten far into it, but I've got high hopes.

I've got the door open, the screen door going on, some nice weather, and a good book. Later I am going to roast a Cornish Hen with vegetables and various spices, with some salad, maybe a rice pilaf or something. If I were home I'd totally be making dinner for Mother's Day but I'll be eating my chicken with her in my thoughts. Can't wait to see the fam in June!!

Happy Mother's Day, Happy Sunday, and a Happy Day all around!

2 comments:

Jenna Woginrich said...

i love that book. It just makes me happy. Plain old fashioned, grateful to be breathing, stand on a mountain with friends happy. Lots of buddhist jargon in there, but nothing a google wiki can't help you through.

enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Dont listen to all the "On The Road is Kerouac's best" propaganda. Dharma Bums is absolutely fantastic. Ive read it about 4 times over the past 6 years.