8.13.2007

Random McRandomness

Going to see Modest Mouse next Wednesday at the Ryman. I scored the LAST seat, so it is now a sold out show. It was a handicapped seat, but since it's the last seat and the show is next week they sold me the ticket and I get my own padded folding chair (and it's a great view!). So I'm stoked. Also, I'm REALLY seriously considering (pretty much definitely) going to see Damien Rice (also at the Ryman) on September 13th providing I can get a decent seat. I do heart his voice. Very much so.

In other news: I took out an algebra book from the library. I haven't done Algebra siiiince.. hm.. Algebra II my freshman year of high school, circa 1997/1998. I'm curious to see if I can figure it out. As I recall, I didn't do so hot back then, but I also really hated school at that point, so we'll see how it goes.

I've decided today I want to start an herb garden. Mostly because I'm pissed that I can never seem to find fresh basil. I went to Kroger, Publix and Wild Oats yesterday.. the stuff at Wild Oats had roots attached, but I managed to find a teeny plastic packet of it at Publix. Lame. BUT any advice would be appreciated *a-hem, Jenna* I was thinking putting terra-cotta pots out on my little stoop/porch outside my apt. would work. If I plant anything in the ground it will probably be killed by weeds (my neighbor and I aren't too keen on yardwork) or dug up (Memphis likes to dig and I like Memphis, so.) and it's nice and sunny on my porch and would require only stepping out my door to water.

I'm getting a gym membership hopefully Friday. I'm WAY excited. I think my blood has begun to coagulate. I just can't stand going outside or even moving with the heat. Blech. It will be a good shift.

That's really about it. Nothing overly exciting. Happy Monday Kids.

8 comments:

HEATHER said...

my herb garden has been a container garden for years. i like it because i can bring them inside during the winter and still get fresh thyme and such. terracotta looks great, and pretty too!

Anonymous said...

that's what i was thinking.. are there any tricks to growing herbs successfully? or any rules to keep in mind?

HEATHER said...

well, i would just put them in a large pot to start with, because if you're going to keep them for awhile they will get big so you might as well save yourself having to go to the trouble of re-poting and shocking the plants later. and i would also put some organic compost on them, i think it gives potted plants a little extra nutrition since they aren't in the ground. if you can't get that, miracle grow works too! good luck!!! fresh herbs make EVERYTHING taste good!!

Jenna Woginrich said...

heathers right. If you want to start from seeds, i'd just using one of those peat pot incubators like i mailed ya. I have basil, lavender and lemon verbena in the house all the time. But i want to start moving mint in, which is tricky cause mints a fickle bitch about being indoors. have fun gardening!

Jenna Woginrich said...

we're 40

Josh said...

yeah seriously, save it for garden club ladies.

HEATHER said...

hahaha josh you crack me up. so true though. sewing circle anyone?

Anonymous said...

i actually have plans to get a sewing machine or try and buy my sister's off of her.. hahaha