2.25.2008

Lace up the Hiking Boots...

I just RSVPed for an overnight hike this weekend. It's out near Chattanooga, 10 miles a day. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a teeny bit nervous. At the same time, I'm really excited about it. It's an overnight hike specifically for newbies to backpacking. I've done long day hikes before, but have never gone overnight. I'll probably borrow gear from my neighbors. OOOh I've got some butterflies about it. Exciting exciting!

Wish me luck and that I go up and back in one piece. We head out Friday night, get up early and hike 9-5, camp, get up, hike back the next AM and drive back. And I don't know any of the people going, which should be pretty fun! New people and new experiences! Yeah!

1 comment:

HEATHER said...

good luck taylor, let me know how it goes! the first overnight is always fun.

you did spence field, and that hike is murder. i think you can do anything!