2.05.2008

You say Tornado I say Tornah-do

This sucks. Nashville's been hit and is going to keep being hit by some really pathetic weather tonight. Severe tornado weather passed right through my area. The kittens, my macbook and myself hung out with my neighbors and their dog under the stairs in their basement for a half hour. Not my ideal evening, but things could have been worse. We had hail, green lightning, and some crazy-ass wind. It touched down around Vandy (which is like, a mile and a half from my apt.) and Bellevue which is about 15 min. west of me. They kept talking about "rotations" passing through Nashville (right through my area) and stuff about the "tail hooking" or whatever. The weather was bad, that's all I know.

Unfortunately, while things are in the clear right now, tornado-y goodness is supposed to make a second stop through town around, oh, 1AM!!! UGH. All I want to do is go to bed, but the weather dudes keep saying no. I'm debating going to sleep or taking a nap, but I know me and I know that I can sleep through the heaviest of thunderstorms. That would definitely NOT be a good thing. So instead, I'm blogging.

Anyway, tonight is Fat Tuesday. And since I will be giving up ALL sweets until Easter, I dubbed tonight the "Last Supper" and splurged on some Coldstone Creamery for dinner. The last time I enjoyed their ice cream was last Fat Tuesday. And it was funny, because when I went today the guy was like "WELCOME BACK!" and I was confused. I couldn't figure out how he remembered me after a whole year. Guess I looked familiar. Anyway, if you're looking for a good combination, I figured out a particularly delicious one: Sweet Cream Ice Cream, Oreos, chocolate chips, peanut butter and fudge. DELICIOUS! Last year I made some strawberry shortcake concoction, but this was far superior. Try it out sometime.

Also for Lent this year, I've decided to start doing devotions everyday until Easter. I haven't done them in a long time and not regularly since being in Africa. I think it will be really good for me. It's a perfect time for spiritual growth. Tomorrow I go for my ashes. I can't decide if I'm going on lunch or in the evening. Probably the evening service.

For any of you kids interested, Bonnaroo looks frigging fantastic this year. Pearl Jam, Iron and Wine, DeathCab, etc. I will be definitely buying a ticket, credit card debt be damned.

The weather man keeps talking about Bucksnort, TN. It makes me want to laugh. Bucksnort. haha.

Oy. I really wish I could just go to bed! Stinking weather.

No comments: