2.04.2006

new!

So it's a new look. I want to start fresh with blogger. The new design isn't all that fancy, I want to keep this simple. The title, for those of you who don't know it or don't feel like looking it up, is French for 'the naked man.' I chose this as the title, because I liked it. L'homme nu was the mascot of my high school french classes. Every homework exercise, my friends and I would use him as the subject. He was the theme of every French holiday card. He's grown up a little design-wise, but I still enjoy the idea of using him as a 'mascot,' but this time for my journal.

Not to be too symbolic, but I figure that's what a journal is supposed to be, kind of 'baring your soul'.. which sounds a bit dorky and cliché, but anyway. A journal is to show what's underneath, the 'nakedness' if you will. I'm not planning on getting that deep on here, I just thought it was a neat idea. And seeing as how I'm pretty dorky and a fan of cheesy stuff, it works for me.

The diagram on the bottom left was taken from a poster I designed for Housing last year for a 'Putting the Pieces Together for a Healthy U' program. I felt that fit really nicely with this journal. I want to start putting up better posts. Focusing more on the positive, more on 'putting together the pieces of my life to make a better me.' Again, that's corny and cheesy, but I like it.

So the design's not 100% there, I'll be tweaking a bit, but this is what I've got for now. Give me some feedback if you have some to give. If you hate it, I don't really care. I'm looking for positive comments. Again, I'm trying to focus my life on the positive, so there you go.

Enjoy it.

3 comments:

Jenna Woginrich said...

nice work taylor, Are those your own illustrations?

Jenna Woginrich said...

And thanks for the linkage

Anonymous said...

those are my own illustrations. and you are quite welcome