2.05.2006

so fresh and so clean

Some good news first, which I forgot to post earlier. AIGA has opened a new chapter in central PA ! I received an e-mail at work for an invite to an event next Thursday in York. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend, but I plan on keeping my eyes peeled for future events! This is going to be a GREAT way to meet some new people and hopefully open up some great networking opportunities! I'm VERY excited about this!

In other news, I cleaned my room today! Not just any clean, but 3 hours of REAL cleaning. I started with a good closet purge (that's where I go through and pretty much throw out half of the contents of my closet) and then I organized what was left. I went around my room and threw out other stuff I didn't need then organized a bunch of junk.

I realized I was short on my preferred cleaning supplies so I went to walmart and bought some new pledge multi-purpose dusting spray, Clorox wipes, fancy paper towels specifically for glass and electronics, a new basket thing for my DVDs so they're not all over the floor in piles, and my favorite.. a new febreeze air freshener! When I got home I dusted EVERYTHING. My baseboards, my figurines, electronics, all furniture surfaces, books and windowsills.

Vaccuming came next. My room has a bit of a ladybug problem. I vaccumed so many of the suckers, but I'd still find more! Then came time to wash the floor. My house is not only overrun with ladybugs, but cats as well. The two male ones in particular enjoy marking their 'territory' which also happens to be EVERY piece of furniture in my room. I generally am good at finding and cleaning it, but occasionally I'll miss places (hence my intense hatred for most cats). SO I filled a bucket with hot water and Murphy's oil soap, got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed my floor like it's never been scrubbed before. After that I grabbed my Clorox wipes and scrubbed all my furniture.

Now my room is immaculate and smells so good! Something about a clean room is just SO comforting. Makes me feel all good and happy. I find that when I get really stressed out or just feeling kind of off, deep cleaning always seems to lift me up. It's like when my room is clean, organized, and in order, my life feels a bit like that too. Just cleaner, more organized, and overall more pleasant.

So that's my good news for the weekend. Not too exciting, but a good weekend nonetheless. I'm off to read for a bit. Try and make some headway through my stack of unread books that keeps on growing.

Tootles!

No comments: