7.05.2006

I have seen the light... and damn, it's pretty bright!!

I bought a 3 pack of these light bulbs. They use 25% less energy than regular bulbs, produce a much brighter light (it's a noticeable and rather pleasant difference), they help the whole global warming issue, and they last 5 years and cut electric bill costs. How's that for a good deal eh? I am slowly going to replace all the bulbs in our house. Hopefully anyway. It might be difficult to find replacements for the kitchen bulbs.

Also, I got my family to start recycling. Right now it's just bottles and cans. I'm hoping to branch out to paper as well. Baby steps, baby steps.

Aaaaand (as per Jenna's suggestion).. I'm thinking of joining the Sierra Club. I'm not sure which group of the PA chapter I'd join, I can't really figure out which one caters to bloomsburg, but I'll figure it out. They help the earth and go on group hiking trips! How cool is that? Maybe I'll get to meet some new people? Sounds good to me!

Done procrastinating for the time being. It's a late night in the Boyd's realm. FUN! Bring me some caffeine bitches!

1 comment:

Jenna Woginrich said...

thats great stuff taylor! The Sierra club is a great thing to join, your club might not be active but joining means you get all of the outting notices. And you can travel for 1/2 the price of going alone - and if you're willing to volunteer to help clear trails or clean rivers, some trips cost next to nothing. I am not speaking from experience, i haven't gone on any big trips but i have recieved the lists of events and places. It could be a great time.